I've never loved having my picture taken.
But eventually, I learned to at least get comfortable with it.
It's so important that people see the real you. That your audience can connect with you and see you. Plus, you can use professional photos in soooo many places beyond just social media.
Today, I'm taking the guesswork out of planning your next photo shoot and sharing my top tips on how to show up feeling good, even if you feel nervous about having your photo taken.
I also created an extensive photoshoot guide that you can use to plan your first or next photoshoot like a total pro. Click here to download it now!
You’ll need these images for social media, guest posts, ads, sales pages, webinars, and more. When you know how to plan and organize a photoshoot, you'll not only end up with a bunch of amazing images to use, but you'll also save time and money by not having to hunt all over the place for your next image.
- [10:06] I want you to show up for yourself, even when it's way out of your comfort zone -- and I'll explain how to do that.
- [12:27] I talk about why it's important to start an inspiration collection of photos you love that would be a good fit for your personality and brand. Put together a fun playlist to make the photoshoot process more relaxing and fun.
- [14:33] How to find a photographer whose work you like, and you feel good about working with. Ask for recommendations.
- [18:13] I tell you how to put together a photoshoot inquiry communication that you can email to potential photographers and get a price quote. Everything to include is also in the Photoshoot Planning Guide.
- [27:14] I'll help you to decide where to do your photoshoot. Hint: Your house with natural light is the best option.
- [31:42] I talk about how to find and nail a good pose that fits your personality. This can be very awkward but I've got tips for you to help the process be as painless as possible.
- [34:12] I get into all the day-of photoshoot details. We'll talk hair and makeup and how to let those first 15 minutes of awkwardness be what they are and pass by so you can create some beautiful photos.
- [40:01] I'll talk about what to do when you get your photos back from your photographer. If they're good and you like who took your photos, I want you to book them to come back and do another photoshoot in the months to come.